Recipe by Cook4_6
I created this recipe for the Pillsbury Bake-off and did not get the call! It is a nice Fall dessert, so I thought I would post it and let you be the judge!
- 16 1⁄2 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Pie Crust Disks
- 1 (15 ounce) boxpillsbury refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Apple Pie Filling
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break apart sugar cookie dough and place in a bowl with the oats and pecans. Using your hands, incorporate the oats and nuts into the cookie dough.
- Make sugar cookie crunch topping by crumbling the cookie dough mixture onto a 9 X 12 cake pan and place in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Stir around cookie dough with spatula after 20 minutes, them return to oven to complete baking. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- Cut 24 3” circles from your pie crust using a glass or cookie cutter.
- Make Cinnamon Sugar mixture by combining 2 T. sugar with 1/2 t. cinnamon. Sprinkle ¼ t. mixture on each circle.
- Place pie crust on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove pie crusts from cooking sheet immediately.
- Add apples, pie filling, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to a skillet. Cook on high until bubbly, then reduce and cook on low for 5 minutes or until the fresh apples begin to soften.
- Place a pie crust disk on a plate and top with 2 T. pie filling, then 1/2 cup of ice cream, another pie disk, 2 T. pie filling, 1/4 cup of sugar cookie crunch topping. Garnish with whip cream.
- This can be served warm or cold. Left over sugar cookie crunch is a tasty snack.