Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A tasty breakfast treat that is made the day before and thrown in the oven when you all start thinking of breakfast.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 slices white bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix syrup, butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan that had been lightly greased or sprayed with Pam. Make two layers of bread slices, 6 slices each.
- Beat eggs, milk, vanilla and salt and pour over bread layers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bake uncovered at 350 dg. for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut slices in desired quantity, serve, and enjoy.
This was easy and delicious. Thank you.