Recipe by iewe
Not sure why they call this "Skier's Stew" but I found it online -- looks simple and comforting. I think it would be really easy to add extra veggies to this and tweak with extra seasoning to ones personal tastes.
Top Review by lazyme
Good stew. I halved the recipe for 2 of us and used my new small crockpot which worked out really well. We enjoyed the onion soup flavor in this too. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT9.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in . cubes
- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-in . cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix