Recipe by Kitchen Witch Steph
From the Laura Secord Canadian Cookbook: These cookies are frequently packed in the lunch boxes carried by hunters in New Brunswick and Southern Ontario. Posted for ZWT4
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg and fruit cocktail.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and add the walnuts.
- Drop batter from a teaspoon about 2 inches about on a greased baking sheet. Bake in 350 oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.