During the chilly months in Pennsylvania, this hearty soup is our perfect comfort food!
Make and share this Ski Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, bulk
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped (warmed slightly in the microwave, about 1 minute)
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon season salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lb ditalini, cooked per package instructions
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Brown sausage in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Add the onion and celery.
- Simmer on medium heat until onion becomes soft; about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cold water, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add in garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, chili powder.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Simmer on low for 2-3 hours.
- Wisk together the cornstarch and warm water until smooth. Pour into soup and stir until dissolved. Repeat until desired thickness.
- Serve over cooked ditalini pasta.