Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
While on a business trip to Port of Gentille, Gabon west Africa we ate in several restaurants that that served grilled skewers of fish. This is the closest I've come to duplicating them.
- 1 lb white fish fillet, cubed1 inch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 dashes paprika
- cayenne pepper, to-taste
- Thread the pieces of fish onto skewers.
- (If you're using bamboo skewers soak them in water 20 to 30 minutes first).
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil. Brush onto skewers of fish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and cayenne.
- (I go pretty light on the cayenne, just enough to add a slight taste).
- Grill over the barbeque, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn and cook until cooked through another 3 to 4 minutes.