1/1 Photo of Skewered Tiger Prawns With Honey-Lime Butter
From Australia the Beautiful Cookbook, Cape York Peninsula. “Tiger prawns grow up to 20 centimeters (8 inches) in length and have distinct brown, yellow or orange stripes on their bodies, legs and whiskers. The instructions recommend using a small food processor or blender for making the Honey-Lime Butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (60 ml/2 fl.ozs. )
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (80 ml/3 fl.ozs. )
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild-flavored honey
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and grated (2.5 cm)
- 1 tablespoon brown onion, finely chopped
- 1Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes. Preheat a griller (broiler) on high.
- 2Combine all the Honey-Lime Butter ingredients in a small food processor fitted with the metal blade or in a blender, including paprika to taste. Process until smooth. Using a spatula, transfer to a small, heavy pan and place over low heat. Cook gently for 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Set aside.
- 3Prepare a heatproof grilling plate or barbecue plate by lining with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drain the skewers and thread 2 prawns onto each of the skewers. Arrange the skewers on the foil-covered plate. Brush the prawns with some of the butter.
- 4Grill or broil, turning once and brushing with the butter to keep the prawns moist and well flavored, until cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 5Transfer to warmed individual plates and garnish with the coriander sprigs and lime halves. Best served immediately.
Browse Our Top Australian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skewered Tiger Prawns With Honey-Lime Butter
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.0
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 142.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: