Recipe by mersaydees
From Australia the Beautiful Cookbook, Cape York Peninsula. “Tiger prawns grow up to 20 centimeters (8 inches) in length and have distinct brown, yellow or orange stripes on their bodies, legs and whiskers. The instructions recommend using a small food processor or blender for making the Honey-Lime Butter.
Top Review by breezermom
This was a very good grilled shrimp recipe. I did grill on the outdoor grill, and had to watch for flare ups due to the butter and honey in the marinade. Other than that, this is a very easy recipe to make. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (60 ml/2 fl.ozs. )
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (80 ml/3 fl.ozs. )
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mild-flavored honey
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and grated (2.5 cm)
- 1 tablespoon brown onion, finely chopped
- 24 uncooked tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined (prawns)
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 3 limes, halved lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes. Preheat a griller (broiler) on high.
- Combine all the Honey-Lime Butter ingredients in a small food processor fitted with the metal blade or in a blender, including paprika to taste. Process until smooth. Using a spatula, transfer to a small, heavy pan and place over low heat. Cook gently for 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Set aside.
- Prepare a heatproof grilling plate or barbecue plate by lining with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drain the skewers and thread 2 prawns onto each of the skewers. Arrange the skewers on the foil-covered plate. Brush the prawns with some of the butter.
- Grill or broil, turning once and brushing with the butter to keep the prawns moist and well flavored, until cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to warmed individual plates and garnish with the coriander sprigs and lime halves. Best served immediately.