Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this out of a cocktail food recipe card.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno, with seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (reserve a little extra for brushing the meat)
- 1 lb london broil beef, 1 inch thick and 8 inches wide
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 36 medium mint leaves (to garnish)
- 36 bamboo skewers, 5 inches
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Mix lime juice, onion, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, and jalapeno together in a small bowl. Add 3 tbsp oil, whisking slowly, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Brush both sides of the meat with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until medium rare in the center, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the meat into uniform 1/8 inch thick slices, 3-4 inches long.
- Place a mint leaf on each slice and roll up. Slide onto skewer rolled.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!