Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love to grill, and even more, I love when the entire meal can be made outside! This is one of those meals.....of course, some rice or bread on the side would be nice, but you can make a full meal out of this. Feel free to switch out the veggies. I like to add onions, especially when the great Vidalias are in season. Prep and cook time does not include the 2 hour marinating time.
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak
- 1⁄4 cup chablis (or other dry white wine)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 ounces fresh mushroom caps
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 small yellow squash, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Trim the excess fat from the steak, and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Place the meat cubes in a large shallow container. Combine the wine and the next 8 ingredients, stirring well; pour over the meat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, stirring meat occasionally.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Alternate the meat and vegetables on skewers.
- Grill kabobs over medium coals 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Turn and baste frequently with the marinade.
For this I had 1 1/4 pounds of Porterhouse steaks, that I cut up, which worked out excellent. I did make this as written, and believe me the marinade is out of this world delicious, and with the spices made for a nice quick late dinner. Made with some corn on the cob, that I put on the BBQ too, and would not change a thing in this recipe. A Top ten so for this year. Made for Rookie Tag.
Great tasty steak!!! I used the marinade on a small sirloin, which I just left it in one piece. I skewered onions and green peppers for my veggies. Cooked it all on the charcoal grill along with a baked potato, just love making a whole meal on the grill. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
The marinade on this steak is great! So few ingredients but huge flavor! I let it sit for about 3 hours and then skewered with zucchini, baby portabella mushrooms and grape tomatoes. Was a light and flavorful summer meal!! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.