Mindi Bunch's Note:
Saw this prepared on Go Ahead Make My Dinner on the Discovery Channel. Posting here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a marinade for the shrimp by combining: 1 tablespoon mirin, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce in a bowl.
- 2Clean and devein the shrimp. Marinate the shrimp in a bowl with the above marinade for 10-15 minutes. Then put on skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Make the salsa by combining 1/4 diced pineapple, 1 diced small onion, 1/4 teaspoon lime zest, 1/4 lemon zest, 1 tablespoon mirin, 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger, salt and pepper to taste, and a dash of Tabasco. Let the salsa marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- 4In a skillet over medium-high heat, grill the shrimp skewers and flambe with brandy to finish.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skewered Shrimp With Pineapple Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 346.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: