Recipe by dean favarulo
Shrimp and pineapple skewers grilled on BBQ with garlic and cilantro dressing.
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked for approx. 15 minutes
- 1 lb large shrimp, deveined (26-30 count)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1⁄2 pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare gas grill or charcoal grill med-high heat.
- Assemble shrimp into a horseshoe shape on skewers by piercing it once near the tail end and again near the head end. Follow with a square of red pepper and a cube of pineapple.repeat 3 more times,then repeat with remaining skewers. Arrange on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Prepare sauce: combined 6 tablespoons of olive oil,lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, sugar, and pepper; set aside.
- Oil the grill, lay aluminum foil on grill and place skewers on top. Grill on one side until grill marks appear on the shrimp and pineapple begins to caramelize, about 3 minutes. Turn shrimp over and grill approximately another 3 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter and drizzle the garlic and cilantro sauce over the skewers and serve. Enjoy!