Recipe by breezermom
Another one of my recipes for the grill! I love grilling outdoors....something about being outside instead of in the kitchen makes me smile! This is an asian inspired marinade for sirloin, cut in to strips and threaded on skewers. I like to grill some zucchini or asparagus with this and serve with rice. Prep time is actually marinating time.
Top Review by weekend cooker
What a great start to the grilling season here, at least weatherwise. Very enjoyable. Cooked ours medium, perfect taste, yet alone the marinade was fantastic.. One to try again. Made for Zaar Stars.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the excess fat from the steak; slice steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Combine the soy sauce and remaining ingredients in a glass bowl. Add steak strips and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove steak strips from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Thread the steak strips onto skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot coals (350-400 degrees) for 9 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning and basting the steak strips frequently with the reserved marinade.