Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Our local grocery store publishes recipes in their weekly ads; this was just one of some very good ones. Cheers for Thrifty Foods!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 10 digby scallops
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the herbs and spices in a small bowl.
- Place the scallops on a side plate.
- Add the olive oil and lime juice and turn scallops to coat.
- Sprinkle one side of the scallops with the spice/herb mix.
- Turn over and sprinkle the other side.
- Cover and marinate 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Thread scallops on skewers; season with salt.
- Lightly oil grill and cook skewers 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
I wasn't real impressed with this rub. It didn't turn out nearly as tangy as I had expected and seemed to be missing something. I think it's important to carefully choose your side to go with this dish, something with lots of flavor as these scallops can't carry a meal on their own.
Fantastic! I actually followed the recipe and I'm glad I did. I chose to use Ancho Chili Powder I buy my spice blends whole and grind them just minutes before use. 2 skewers fit across the hibachi perfectly. (Never use a larger grill than necessary.) I served it with Sackville Girl's Lemon/Thyme Couscous #92312 and a loose leaf lettuce salad dressed with Key lime juice. Valhalla couldn't be better! Thanx for posting this great recipe. Pierre