Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Australia, featuring scallops grilled on the barbi! Light seasoning enables the sweet taste of the scallops to come through. Posted for ZWT5.
- 1 lb scallops
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 2 kiwi fruits, quartered (optional)
- Rinse scallops in cold water; pat dry with paper toweling. Halve any large scallops.
- In a bowl, combine dry white wine, lemon juice, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Add scallops. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. Drain; reserve marinade.
- On 8 skewers thread scallops, allowing some space between each scallop. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Grill over medium coals for 8 to 10 minutes or till scallops are tneder. Turn often and brush with reserved marinade. (Or broil 4 inches from the heat about 10 minutes, turning once -- but grilling outside over coals is best!). Serve with kiwi fruit, if desired.
Must admit that I used the broiler for this recipe this time, but look forward to doing these GREAT TASTING SCALLOPS on the BBQ another time! Did use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P, & even found 3 Kiwi fruits that did wonders with the presentation while adding their own subdued flavor! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
These were very good. I doubled the marinade recipe and also grilled about 1 pound of shrimp to go with these. It is similar to some other grilled seafood recipes I've tried, but this was nice because it wasn't overly salty, as I find some to be. A great basic way to grill scallops. I used another reviewer's suggestion to replace the butter with olive oil, and that worked well.
I really liked the taste of this marinade. Since it's winter and very chilly outside, I just pan seared the scallops with some of the marinade, and it worked perfectly. I'll definitely make these again.