1/1 Photo of Skewered Pork, Fruit and Vegetable
This is a Arabic-style recipe adapted by the South African Dutch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g pork loin, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium green peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium pineapple, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 85.04 g onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml curry powder
- 1.23 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml rice, cooked
- 3 large skewers
- 1Place pork, peppers, tomatoes, pineapple and onions in large mixing bowls.
- 2Add water, vinegar, salt, curry, turmeric, paprika and pepper.
- 3Mix well and marinate for 4 hours.
- 4Divide first 4 ingredients into 3 equal portions and thread alternately on skewers.
- 5Broil on a rack 4 inches fro heat, 12 to 15 minutes, turning frequently until meat is cooked.
- 6Pour marinade in a saucepan; add tomato puree and cook until thick.
- 7Place each skewer on 1/2 cup rice, divide sauce into 3 equal portions and serve over meat and rice.
- 8NOTE: Cooking time does not include marinading time.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skewered Pork, Fruit and Vegetable
Serving Size: 1 (860 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 496.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 54.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: