This is a Arabic-style recipe adapted by the South African Dutch.
Make and share this Skewered Pork, Fruit and Vegetable recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 medium green peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium pineapple, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 ounces onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, cooked
- 3 large skewers
- Place pork, peppers, tomatoes, pineapple and onions in large mixing bowls.
- Add water, vinegar, salt, curry, turmeric, paprika and pepper.
- Mix well and marinate for 4 hours.
- Divide first 4 ingredients into 3 equal portions and thread alternately on skewers.
- Broil on a rack 4 inches fro heat, 12 to 15 minutes, turning frequently until meat is cooked.
- Pour marinade in a saucepan; add tomato puree and cook until thick.
- Place each skewer on 1/2 cup rice, divide sauce into 3 equal portions and serve over meat and rice.
- NOTE: Cooking time does not include marinading time.