Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Kerasma's Fall 2005 edition of Greek Gourmet Traveler. This is a Greek meze (just like a Spanish "tapa".)
For the pistachio crust
- 30 g onions, finely chopped
- 25 ml greek extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g greek pistachios, from the island of Aegina
- 25 g plain dried breadcrumbs
- 50 ml limnos muscat wine
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh tarragon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into medium cubes
- 2 fresh florina red peppers, diced the same size as the chicken
- 15 short wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Sauté the onion in a little olive oil until softened.
- Add the Muscat and simmer for one minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients for the crust.
- Remove and transfer to a food processor or spice grinder and pulverize to a coarse meal. If the mixture is too loose, add more breadcrumbs.
- Thread one chicken and red pepper piece onto each of the long toothpicks and turn in the pistachio mixture, pressing, to coat.
- Grill under the salamander or under the broiler for 4-5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the crust lightly browned.
- Remove and serve.