Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 14 mins
A different way to grill potatoes. This recipe came from Midwest Living.
Make and share this Skewered New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 12 -15 whole small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Scrub potatoes and cut in half or quarters if they are large.
- Put into microwave safe 1 1/2 quart covered casserole dish with water.
- Micro on 100% power for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender, stirring once.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine mayo,broth, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Cover, chill for at least 1 hours Thread potatoes onto 4 long skewers and leave 1/4" between pieces.
- Grill on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minute or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- This can also be done under your oven broiler.
- Cooking time includes chilling.
Yummy potatoes! These potatoes are very good. They turn out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I did add some salt and pepper and a little greek seasoning instead of Italian. I served with Lemon Herb Salmon done on the grill for a delicious dinner. Thanks!