Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light
Make and share this Skewered Mustard-Beer Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Thread 6 shrimp onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers.
- Sprinkle shrimp with garlic powder and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine mustard and beer; stir to combine.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place rack on grill over med-hot coals (350°-400°).
- Place skewers on rack; grill, uncovered, 5 minutes on each side, basting shrimp often with mustard mixture.
I liked this recipe although I needed to make a few adjustments. I don't have a traditional grill, but do have a Foreman family size grill that allows temps to be set on it. So I pre-heated the grill to 400 degrees. I didn't skewer the shrimp, but after mixing the ingredients I simply coated the shrimp well and placed them on the grill with tongs. Since the top closes, allowing both sides to cook at the same time - I left them for about 2-2 1/2 mins. Then I used about 1 pound of the large sea scallops, coated them the same way and placed them on the grill for about 3-3 1/2 mins. Both were served together on a bed of spanish rice, with a side salad of cucumbers and grape tomatos. Next time I use this recipe, I plan on using a little more beer, a little more spicy brown mustard, and will get the larger sized peeled / deveined shrimp (just for the convenience). The scallops were wonderful in this coating. BDavis - Hudson, FL