Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Note: You'll need four skewers approximately 10-12 in. long.
- Also the french bread should be the long and narrow kind cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- The raw tomato is also cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- The cans of tomato sauce are 8 oz.
- You'll need 28 pieces of cheese to equal the number of slices of bacon.
- Cut the cheese into 1 in. squares about 1/4 in. thick.
- Fold a slice of Canadian bacon around each piece of cheese.
- Press the bacon firmly to hold the cheese in place.
- Cut each piece of tomato and each piece of bread in half.
- Heat the 1/3 cup of oil in a large skillet.
- Brown bread on both sides.
- Be prepared to turn bread quickly to avoid burning.
- It should be merely light brown.
- On each skewer thread alternate pieces of bacon apped around the mozzarella, bread and tomato.
- Begin and end with the con.
- Place each skewer in a shallow baking pan or shallow earthenware sserole.
- Be sure the folded top of each piece of bacon is up.
- Pour mato sauce over each skewer.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- rinkle lightly with paprika and additional salad oil.
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees.
- Bake the skewers until brown on top.
- Serve immediately ile very hot.