Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A simple twist to plain sausages. Great on the barbie. Kids love to help make these.
- 500 g ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons garlic instant bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- Prepare 8 bamboo skewers by soaking in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, except oil, in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Mould the mixture into sausage shapes around skewers.
- Brush meat with oil. Cook over a preheated bbq or under a grill for 6-8 minutes or until lamb is golden brown and cooked through. Turn the skewers during cooking.
- Serve with bbq'd potatoes and salad.
This was very flavorful and fast and easy. I only made a few minor changes. I used 1 lb of ground lamb, and 2 freshly minced garlic cloves instead of the instant bouillon. I used the parsley, as that was what I had on hand, and added a little salt with the ground pepper. I served this with grilled zucchini and summer squash. It was a nice meal that didn't feel too heavy. I would definitely make this again. Thanks!
These are really good! I thought i'd gone mad the first time I made them and mixed 4kg half lamb and half beef. They went down a treat. They do need salt added tho. Thanks!