Recipe by Bergy
This recipe can be for an appetizer or as a main dish. Very flavorful
Top Review by Cookin-jo
Wonderful asian flavours and so easy to prepare. I love that this is made ahead. I used more chicken without increasing the marinade, and just threw the chicken and marinade in a bag in the fridge and skewered it at the end. The garlic and ginger flavours are wonderful - I'll probably add even more next time. Great recipe, Bergy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 green onions, trimmed and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 24 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into long, thin strips (do this while the breasts are partially frozen, you should get about 8 strips from each breast) Thread the green onion& chicken alternately on the skewers, 2 chicken pieces and 2 green onions to each (if you want to serve these as appetizers use smaller skewers and put only 1 piece of chicken and 1 onion on each).
- Lay the skewers in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour half over the skewers, turning the skewers so all sides are coated with the marinade (reserve the remaining marinade).
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight, turn skewers every once in a while.
- Broil or BBQ the skewers, brushing with reserved marinade for 2-4 minutes per side.