1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Otherwise known as "Kafta", this recipe comes from Iraq. Though the recipe calls for ground beef or lamb you can also substitute ground turkey. From "Extending the Table".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wet hands in water and mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- 2Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- 3Dampen hands and pat mixture around 6 skewers into long, flattened patties about 1 1/2 inches wide and 4-5 inches long.
- 4Grill or broil in oven until browned and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- 5Serve with pita bread or rice.
- 6SUGGESTION: While meat mixture sets in the refrigerator marinate large chunks of tomatoes, onions, green peppers, or eggplant in a sauce made of equal parts of olive oil and lemon juice with a dash of salt and pepper. thread vegetables on skewers and grill them alongside the meat.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skewered Ground Meat
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 435.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.9 g