Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens "Make Ahead Cooking". Pork is prepared ahead and vegetables are added on cooking day. If desired marinate vegetables overnight in italian salad dressing.
- 453.59 g boneless pork loin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 59.14 ml salsa (mild or hot)
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce or 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar (optional)
- 4.92 ml five-spice powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 large mushrooms
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- Place pork into a ziploc freezer bag. Add remaining ingredients, except veggies.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze; or marinate in fridge for at least 8 hours.
- To serve, defrost meat overnight in fridge.
- Drain meat.
- Thread pork onto skewers alternating with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, leaving 1/4 inch headspace between each piece.
- Grill kabobs over medium coals for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear and veggies are tender.