Recipe by Missy Wombat
I found this recipe in response to a request for alligator recipes. Not tried but sounds wonderful. Crocodile has a chicken like taste in some respects but is much meatier like swordfish.
- 400 g crocodile, in 2 cm cubes
- 40 ml lime juice
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 30 ml honey
- 30 g brown sugar
- 5 g ginger, finely diced
- 30 ml oil
- 10 g cornflour
- salt and pepper
- 8 bamboo skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread Crocodile meat onto bamboo skewers, place in flat dish, season with salt and pepper, pour lime juice over it and place in fridge for about an hour.
- Remove skewers and save the residue for the sauce.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute crocodile for about 5 min, set aside and keep warm.
- Combine lime juice, honey, brown sugar, ginger, chicken stock and corn flour in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat and simmer for 2 min.
- Place skewers on plates, spoon sauce over meat and garnish with fresh herbs.