Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
This can be served as is with a yoghurt or tahini dip or as a light lunch in pita wraps with shredded lettuce, mint leaves and tomatoes with tahini sauce drizzled on top. Cooking time indicated includes marinating time. Edited to add: Please use a good cut of meat. The best cuts are usually boneless leg of lamb and shoulder, cubed. To avoid burning the outside or flareups, trim of excess fat. Pull off the thin transparent membrane surrounding the meat and trim off any connective tissues.
- 500 g boneless lamb, cut into 4cm cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 6 mint leaves, roughly chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need flat metal skewers, or if using wooden skewers then soak them in water for atleast 20 minutes to stop them from burning.
- Place ground coriander, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, lemon juice, oil, tomato, onion and garlic in food processor and pulse to form a thick paste.
- In a bowl, combine the spice paste with the lamb cubes and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (you may marinate the lamb upto 1 day in advance).
- Pre-heat indoor grill to medium-hot, or for outdoor grills, medium-hot coals.
- Thread the lamb onto the skewers.
- Grill turning every 2 minutes and basting with any remaining marinade- if you like it well browned on the outside but juicy and slightly pink on the inside, grill for 8-10 minutes, for well done add another 2 minutes or so to cooking time.
- Serve hot garnished with roughly chopped mint leaves.