Recipe by Nif
These shrimp skewers are a party favourite. Make sure thay are at your's! This tropical treat is a Ricardo Larrivée recipe. Enjoy!
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 20 raw shrimp, shelled (16 to 20 per lb)
- 20 wood skewers, about 15 cm (6 inches)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oil in the fryer to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- In a deep plate or shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt and cayenne. Season with pepper. Place the eggs in another bowl and the coconut in a third.
- Thread 1 shrimp on each skewer.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture and shake to remove any excess. Dip in the beaten eggs then roll in the coconut, pressing firmly.
- Fry half the shrimp at a time until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on the paper towels.
- Serve immediately. For fun, you can have the skewers sticking out something, like a pineapple or watermelon.