Recipe by English_Rose
Tasty tapas made with typically Spanish ingredients - great when served with a glass of amontillado or sherry...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 9 ounces small chorizo sausages
- 7⁄8 cup red wine
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 dash chili oil
- 8 large shrimp
- flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Add the shallot and cook until soft but not coloured - about 5 minutes. Remove the shallots from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chorizo sausages to the same pan and return to the heat. As soon as the sausages leave a little oil, pour in the red wine, tip in the bay leaves and thyme, and bring to a simmer. Return the shallots to the saucepan.
- Simmer until the wine has cooked down to three-quarters its original volume, before turning off the heat.
- While the wine is reducing, heat the chili oil in a large frying pan and fry the shrimp over a moderate heat until they turn colour - about 2-3 minutes on each side. Scatter with chopped parsley.
- Remove the chorizo sausages from the red wine sauce and thread onto skewers, alternating each one with a cooked shrimp. Drizzle the skewers with red wine sauce from the pan.
- Serve this tasty tapas dish with a glass of amontillado or medium-dry sherry.