Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really easy and quick one for the BBQ
- 500 g raw green shrimp, deveined
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 birds-eye red chilies, chopped
- 3 limes (juice and zest of one)
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 1 package skewer
- Add prawns to juice and zest of one lime with olive oil and all ingredients and marinade overnight.
- Put three prawns per skewer, season with salt and pepper, and barbecue.
Sadly, I don't have a regular grill so I had to use my indoor grill. They turned out pretty darn good, and were quite delicious. I'm not a huge fan of ginger though, so I omitted it.
Nice recipe Terese, I didn't think at the time but would have also suited some skewers of scallops as well. I didn't know where to get African birdseye chili locally so used some dried tien tsin with seeds, another unknown variety and some cayenne pepper just to be sure. It's probably the first time I've marinated prawns overnight but it was a worthwhile step, I was suprised how much marinade they soaked up.