Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Southeast Asian recipe is posted just as I begin Zaar's World Tour 4! Preparation time does not include time (over 5 minutes) is chicken is left in marinade longer.
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (optional)
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Put peanut butter into a small saucepan over medium heat, then add curry & enough coconut milk to achieve a creamy considtency.
- Cook over low heat, whisking for about 5 minutes, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in soy sauce & lime juice, then remove from heat.
- Place chicken breasts in shallow bowl & pour marinade over breasts, turning to coat completely.
- Marinate chicken anywhere from 5 minutes up to an hour.
- Start charcoal or gas grill or preheat broiler ~ Fire should only be moderately hot.
- Grill or broil slowly, about 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned & cooked through.
- Serve hot with fresh lime juice, a lime wedge & some cilantro for garnish.
Loved this chicken! Made as directed but did not garnish with the cilantro. The lime was a great touch, perfect with the other flavors. This recipe produced delicious, moist and flavorful chicken - thanks for sharing the recipe!
We had high hopes for this but it wasn't too good.
made this for lunch today. Was every bit as good as my favorite Chinese joint. Don't see any need to change a thing. You're gonna make me fat Syd with recipes like this! :)