Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken kabobs with a flair!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 slices smoked back bacon
- fresh basil leaf
- salt & pepper
- oil, for brushing
- Spread out a piece of chicken between two sheets of cling wrap and flatten to an even thickness. Repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Mix together the crushed garlic and tomato paste until well blended. Spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the chicken.
- Lay a bacon slice over each piece of chicken, then scatter with the fresh basil leaves. Season well with salt & pepper.
- Roll up each piece of chicken firmly then cut into thick slices.
- Thread the slices securely on to four skewers, making sure the skewer holds the chicken in a spiral shape.
- Brush the skewers lightly with oil and cook on a preheated BBQ grill (or broiler) for about 5 minutes each side.
- Serve with a green salad and hot crusty rolls.