Recipe by Dib's
The original for this was clipped out of a newspaper-I've adjusted the spices to suit my taste. I also like to garnish with chopped cilantro.
- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups onions
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (any heat you prefer)
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons raisins
- 3 -4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan saute onions in the oil until browned.
- Add the coriander, aniseed, chili powder, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, P.
- ,cocoa powder, 2 cups of the broth, raisins and garlic.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer-stirring.
- Taste then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and then puree to smooth.
- Use remaining broth if needed.
- Set aside about 1/2-3/4 cup for dipping.
- Let cool and then marinate chicken for 4 hours in fridge.
- Skewer chicken on bamboo skewers and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve hot with the reserved dip.