Recipe by Debi
Oh yum! A bit of preparation and marinading time involved but SO tasty. From TASTE Magazine **UPDATE: May 1/08 - After two great reviews that skipped the marinating part of this recipe, I had to try that out for myself and guess what - it's great without that step! I still used some olive oil to baste with before sticking on the grill but no more marinating for me now on! You can also add just a sprinkling of garlic salt to the chicken before grilling to add flavour to it.
Top Review by rickoholic83
Absolutely fantastic! This recipe has all my favorite flavors and it certainly didn't disappoint. Like the previous reviewer, I skipped the marinating step and used my stovetop grill. I added a bit more garlic to the cumin aioli and it was "out of this world" good! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe, BBC. A genuine keeper!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup olive oil (less if just using to baste with and not marinate)
- 12 -14 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Starting and ending with chorizo, thread the skewers with alternating pieces of chorizo and chicken. Set the skewers in a shallow bowl,cover completely with olive oil and allow to marinate for 12 hours. ***The marinating is completely optional!
- In a blender, pulse mayonnaise, garlic and cumin until smooth. Cover and refrigerate. This should be made several hours in advance.
- Remove the skewers from the oil and shake off excess. On a very hot grill, sear on all sides, turning frequently until cooked through; about 7 minutes.
- Serve with cumin aoili.