Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Oh yum! A bit of preparation and marinading time involved but SO tasty. From TASTE Magazine **UPDATE: May 1/08 - After two great reviews that skipped the marinating part of this recipe, I had to try that out for myself and guess what - it's great without that step! I still used some olive oil to baste with before sticking on the grill but no more marinating for me now on! You can also add just a sprinkling of garlic salt to the chicken before grilling to add flavour to it.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup olive oil (less if just using to baste with and not marinate)
- 12 -14 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Starting and ending with chorizo, thread the skewers with alternating pieces of chorizo and chicken. Set the skewers in a shallow bowl,cover completely with olive oil and allow to marinate for 12 hours. ***The marinating is completely optional!
- In a blender, pulse mayonnaise, garlic and cumin until smooth. Cover and refrigerate. This should be made several hours in advance.
- Remove the skewers from the oil and shake off excess. On a very hot grill, sear on all sides, turning frequently until cooked through; about 7 minutes.
- Serve with cumin aoili.
Absolutely fantastic! This recipe has all my favorite flavors and it certainly didn't disappoint. Like the previous reviewer, I skipped the marinating step and used my stovetop grill. I added a bit more garlic to the cumin aioli and it was "out of this world" good! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe, BBC. A genuine keeper!
We had a spell of warm weather to pull out the grill! As part of the Aussie recipe swap -- this was one of my pick. Yummy and Very easy to put together - and imo could bypass the marinating in the oil (for speedier timesake).. The aioli was good - however - the boys thought it was spicy==I thought it was fine though! Thanks for posting!!