Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't made this recipe yet, but I'd like to try it, it's from the Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook. The description says: This fail-proof recipe takes a minimal amount of effort to prepare. Just purchase ready-made tortellini, cook and thread on skewers.
- 72 cheese tortellini
- 6 tablespoons parsley, minced fresh
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the tortellini according to the packages directions. Add a little fresh water to the cooked tortellini to keep them from sticking together.
- Thread 24 4-inch skewers with 3 tortellini each. Arrange the skewers on a platter and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the remaining parsley, oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. If desired, puree the sauce in a blender for 1 minute. With a pastry brush, brush the sauce on the tortellini. Reserve the remaining sauce to dip the skewers into the serving.
Made these for a drinks and nibbles party, TRUE! As wanted something that looked impressive, could be made ahead too! OK, am SURE the recipe is more than good as is..as initially was for me, Be I just couldn't let things be, ok, use fresh Latina Pasta tortellini al dente, As if overcooked, could not work (in my opinion) on the day! I put 3 tortelli on 5 inch skewer as had on hand yesterday, And well, um, cheated and bought store bought roasted capsicum (pepper), basil and cashew dip, MADE MY DAY! After making them, draining, I place individually on a cutter board, TRUE! Then covered with damp clothe until I needed to prepare them (an hour in advance of the party) too! Easier to skew when are coolish, Honestly for entertaining, don't give this recipe a miss! I drizzle sauce over when first guest did arrive...yes! Want to know HOW many were left? GUESS! LOL! I place on bed of greens with more sauce in a square dish, If something simple, looks good...than this is your recipe wish... THANKS!