Prep 26 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is so delicious and easy, excellent served with rice.Can be made in advance and left to marinate.
- 1 lb beef top sirloin steak
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- Slice beef across grain into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Thread strips onto 12 wooden skewers and place in glass baking dish (Soak skewers in cold water for 20 min's. to prevent burning) Heat broiler or grill.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and ground red pepper, pour over skewers and marinate 10 min's.
- turning once.
- Dran marinade into small saucepan; stir in honey and brush mixture over beef.
- Bring remaining mixture to a boil; boil 2 min's.
- Broil or grill skewered beef for 3 to 4 min's.
- Serve remaining honey glaze as a dipping sauce.
Tasty beef skewers. I used rump steak (just over a pound) and got 10 skewers. Great change from beef satays. Thanks for posting!
I made the recipe as directed and cooked them on my George Foreman grill. I rated them a 3 because the meat was tough and the honey was too overpowering for my tastes.
These were really great tasting skewers. I doubled the recipe, so it was slightly time consuming threading 24 skewers, but the taste was almost worth it. Recipe was made as directed.