- 1 fresh pizza dough (, I use s'kat's Easy Pizza Dough, storebought okay)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons fresh tomato sauce (, I use Andrea's)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces sliced buffalo mozzarella, well drained
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 5 leaves fresh basil, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place pepperonis on tinfoil in oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or until grease begins to come up.
- Remove, drain, and pat dry.
- Roll out dough into a rectangular shape.
- Brush gently with egg.
- Layer fresh tomato sauce, garlic, mozzarella, pepperoni, and basil onto dough.
- Roll dough jelly-roll style, place onto baking stone and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Variations: Saute onions or scallions on stove top and add to filling.
- Additionally, add mushrooms, pepperoncinis, tomatoes, or kalamata olives.