3 hrs 20 mins
A nice change from typical pizza crusts. Prep time includes rising times.
My Private Note
pizza d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1Stir yeast and sugar into warm water and let proof until foamy.
- 2Mix flours and salt in separate bowl.
- 3Create a well in the center: add yeast mixture and mix until dough begins pulling away from side of bowl.
- 4Add oil.
- 5If dough sticks to side of bowl, add more flour, one tablespoon at a time, until dough leaves side of bowl but is still soft.
- 6Place dough in oiled bowl, turning once to coat.
- 7Cover and let rest in warm, draft-free area until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Remove from bowl and punch down.
- 9Mix together the olive oil, garlic, parmesan and herbs.
- 10Using your hands, work this into the dough.
- 11Cover and let rise until doubled in size again.
- 12When ready, remove from bowl and shape crust.
- 13Add desired toppings, and bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for s'kat's Hearty Whole Wheat Crust
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1167.7
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 1915.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 30.8 g