Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Skate normally served with steamed potaotes
- 1 lb skate
- 1 pint water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bring the water, 1 tbls vinegar, onion, bay leaf and fish to the boil.
- then let it simmer for about 15 minute.
- Remove fish and drain off any liquid, then place on a dish.
- melt some butter until dark brown. Season the fish and add the parsley and capers.
- pour the brown butter over the fish.
- warm the rest of the vinegar (1tbls) and pour over the fish.