Recipe by Snicklefritzie
This is HOT! Delicious on hot dogs! I had some leftover peppers and onions from making bread and butter jalapenos and so I improvised this recipe. Amounts are approximate.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts sliced jalapeno peppers
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 6 medium green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small-to-medium head of cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper (for color)
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 4 tablespoons whole mixed pickling spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind jalapenos, onions, green tomatoes, cabbage and red peppers in food processor.
- Place in bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover with cold water.
- Let sit 12 hours.
- Drain well. Push down on veggies to get excess water out.
- In large pot, mix sugar, vinegar and spices (in cheesecloth or spice ball). Bring to boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add veggies. Simmer for 10 minutes. Take pickling spices out.
- Pack in hot jars and hot-water bath for 10 minutes.