Prep 40 mins
Cook 17 mins
From Weber’s Big Book of Grilling.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces and softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (1 lb) beef t-bone steaks, about 1 lb. each and 1-inch thick
- To make the mustard butter: in a small bowl, mix together the mustard butter ingredients; using the back of a fork, mash the ingredients together and make sure everything is well distributed.
- Scoop the mixture out of the bowl and transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Loosely shape the mixture into a log about 1-inch in diameter.
- Roll the log in the wrap and twist the ends in opposite directions to form an even cylinder.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the paste: mix the paste ingredients (Worcestershire sauce through black pepper) in a small bowl.
- Trim the steaks of any excess fat; spread the paste on both sides of the steaks; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill over direct high heat 8-12 minutes for med-rare, turning once halfway through grilling time (or cook until desired degree of doneness).
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Unwrap the cylinder of butter and slice crosswise into 1/3-inch coins.
- Serve the steaks warm with a slice of butter on top.