Recipe by Girl from India
Malaysian in origin this dish can also be made with chicken or pork slices. Very asian and very tasty too. Try it for a change. From a cookbook called Taste of the East.
- 4 (200 g) rump steak
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (I use 4 so if you like garlic you can increase the qty)
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 3 tablespoons dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 75 ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingr.
- except the beef together.
- Pour over the steaks and marinate for upto 8 hours Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and put the meat slices into the pan without the marinade and cook on high both sides till done.
- (acc. to preference) Put the marinade on to boil in a pan and add the dipping sauce ingredients to it.
- Simmer for some time.
- Serve the steaks and the dipping sauce at the side.
- Also serve an array of julienned vegetables (carrots, cabbage, etc) over the steaks for effect.