Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My sister made these for us when we came to visit for the 4th of July holiday. Very tasty.
- 12 baby pattypan squash, cut into chunks
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 green pepper, cleaned, seeded, cut into chunks
- 12 small white mushrooms, cleaned (Do not cut in half)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch squash in salted, boiling water for 3 minutes, no longer.
- Drain and rinse under cold water; pat dry.
- In a large bowl, mix squash, beef, bell pepper, mushrooms, and dressing.
- Let marinate 15 minutes.
- Thread onto 4 (12") metal skewers.
- Grill or broil kebabs 8-10 minutes, turning several times, for medium-rare.
- Serve with buttered orzo if desired.