Sizzling Spanish seafood, perfect for a summer's evening or a tapas party. This simple, baked dish is one of our favourites, great with a glass of ice-cold Fino. You can serve these in the middle of the table - in a large, attractive earthenware dish or in individual bowls. Provide plenty of paper napkins for fingers and faces!! Or, finger bowls with iced lemon water would be a nice idea. Tactile food at its best!
- Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Preparing prawns:To butterfly the prawns simply slit the prawns lengthways but don't go all the way through and remove the vein.
- Divide the prawns, garlic, chilli or pimenton, sherry and olive oil between 6 small ovenproof dishes or use 1 large one.
- Cook for 8 - 12 minutes, depending on the size of the dish or dishes, or until pink and sizzling.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with crusty bread & lemon wedges.