Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Sizzling Spanish seafood, perfect for a summer's evening or a tapas party. This simple, baked dish is one of our favourites, great with a glass of ice-cold Fino. You can serve these in the middle of the table - in a large, attractive earthenware dish or in individual bowls. Provide plenty of paper napkins for fingers and faces!! Or, finger bowls with iced lemon water would be a nice idea. Tactile food at its best!
- Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Preparing prawns:To butterfly the prawns simply slit the prawns lengthways but don't go all the way through and remove the vein.
- Divide the prawns, garlic, chilli or pimenton, sherry and olive oil between 6 small ovenproof dishes or use 1 large one.
- Cook for 8 - 12 minutes, depending on the size of the dish or dishes, or until pink and sizzling.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with crusty bread & lemon wedges.
I don't think I'm ever going to order shrimp in garlic sauce at a restaurant again. I can't imagine it being more delicious than this one. Thank you for making me look like a professional chef for a day :-)
I've had this twice this month now, once as a light lunch and then again served over rice, for a dinner dish. And it was a hit with my family both times. It was positively delicious. I liked the addition of the dry sherry, which I think really contributed a lot to the overall flavor sensation of this dish. Thanks, French Tart.
Love this recipe. My hubby found it since we're into tapas. Prepared this for a party and it was a hit. Used medium sized prawns and didn't butterfly them. Also used red pepper flakes in lieu of chili flakes. Used minced garlic instead of sliced garlic- I modified the recipe to use what I had on hand in the pantry. This recipe is easy, yummy, and a keeper. Great job French Tart!