Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe can also be used with squid or scallops.
Make and share this Sizzling Sherry Shrimp With Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and paprika in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot and the garlic has turned golden brown, increase heat to high and add the shrimp.
- Cook until the shrimp turn pink and opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with sherry or lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
This was nice and spicy...just the way hubby and I like our food...I served mine alone while I served hubby's over rice...he did say it didn't blend well with rice...so he just ate his alone too! I could see making a huge batch of this to serve to a crowd...=)
I made this for my son, since he really loves shrimp. He enjoyed this very much. I cut back a bit on the red pepper flakes, but increased the sherry and garlic. He wanted his over pasta, so that is how he ate it! Made for ZWT8. Thanks for sharing.
We really enjoyed this lovely spicy dish Lavender. The succulent shrimp were spicy, tender and oh so good. Love the combo of sherry, lemon, paprika and red pepper flakes. I combined the sherry with lemon juice for my dh, he doesn't really care for alcohol. It worked perfectly in this dish, which i served over steamed white rice. Made for Fearless Red Dragon - ZWT - 8 - Spain.