- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round steak, cut into 2 by 2 by 1 inch pieces
- 6 -8 fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim beef of any excess fat. Place in a shallow dish.
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Pour over the meat, coating well. Cover.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Add mushrooms to marinade. Simmer onion quarters in water until barely tender.
- Thread the meat, mushrooms, onions, water chestnuts and pieces of bacon on individual skewers.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat. Turn and baste with marinade while cooking for 12 to 15 minutes until glazed.