Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just as good cooked under the broiler as over the grill. The marinade is brushed on, glazing the beef, onions and chestnuts.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round steak, cut into 2 by 2 by 1 inch pieces
- 6 -8 fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Trim beef of any excess fat. Place in a shallow dish.
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Pour over the meat, coating well. Cover.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Add mushrooms to marinade. Simmer onion quarters in water until barely tender.
- Thread the meat, mushrooms, onions, water chestnuts and pieces of bacon on individual skewers.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat. Turn and baste with marinade while cooking for 12 to 15 minutes until glazed.
Everyone loved these! Very tasty. Followed the recipe exactly except didn't use the mushrooms. Easy.