Recipe by Oolala
Wish I knew where I got this recipe! Smells great while cooking. I will try to use something to make it easier to remove the red pepper flakes (maybe strain it carefully into another pan). I use nice pinch of salt and about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
Top Review by Katanashrp
These beans are totally sizzling. Definitely worth the little extra work. I cut down most of the cooking times in half and it suited our tastes perfectly. Thank you for helping us bring this ordinary vegetable to extraordinary heights.
- 453.59 g fresh green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 9.85 ml basil
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml oregano
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beans in a large pot of boiling water and boil 5-7 minutes, drain and then plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Set the beans aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove pepper flakes and add garlic, tomatoes, and seasonings, except the parmesan cheese.
- Now turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans to the mixture and heat through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.