1/1 Photo of Sizzling Green Beans
Wish I knew where I got this recipe! Smells great while cooking. I will try to use something to make it easier to remove the red pepper flakes (maybe strain it carefully into another pan). I use nice pinch of salt and about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put beans in a large pot of boiling water and boil 5-7 minutes, drain and then plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- 2Set the beans aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Remove pepper flakes and add garlic, tomatoes, and seasonings, except the parmesan cheese.
- 5Now turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 6Add the beans to the mixture and heat through, about 8-10 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sizzling Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g