Wish I knew where I got this recipe! Smells great while cooking. I will try to use something to make it easier to remove the red pepper flakes (maybe strain it carefully into another pan). I use nice pinch of salt and about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
- Put beans in a large pot of boiling water and boil 5-7 minutes, drain and then plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Set the beans aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove pepper flakes and add garlic, tomatoes, and seasonings, except the parmesan cheese.
- Now turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans to the mixture and heat through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
These beans are totally sizzling. Definitely worth the little extra work. I cut down most of the cooking times in half and it suited our tastes perfectly. Thank you for helping us bring this ordinary vegetable to extraordinary heights.
These green beans are full of flavor. I loved the heat from the red pepper infused oil. I'm saving my fresh tomatoes for BLT's so I used a 15 ounce can of tomatoes. So in step 5 I cut the cooking time in half. I served this with Roast Chicken Made this for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game* 2008
I made this as a side dish with some spinach lasagna and some bread... it was the best meal I've ever tasted.