Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Grilled beef franks are served with a mixture of grilled corn, black beans, and salsa. For spicier flavor, use medium or hot prepared salsa. Use 1 cup frozen corn in place of corn-on-the-cob. Cook corn in a skillet with onions and peppers. Serve with tortilla chips and chopped fresh cilantro.
- pam grilling PAM? Grilling cooking spray
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons wesson Wesson® pure vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) packagehebrew national beef Hebrew National® beef franks
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for medium heat. Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Grill corn and franks 10 minutes, or until corn is tender and franks are hot.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in bell pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add beans and salsa. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Cut corn from cobs; discard cobs. Stir corn into bean mixture. Serve with grilled franks. Top with cilantro, if desired.
This recipe was featured on the home page awhile back and it caught my attention. I finally made it yesterday and it is very good. A nice quick dinner that can be on the table in 30 minutes or less. I served this with coleslaw for a complete meal.